Literacy Programs Coordinator and Teaching Faculty
Overview: This full-time faculty position includes responsibilities for teacher development across programs, with a special emphasis on elementary teachers and literacy.
Organizational leadership commitments included shared responsibility for approximately 120 educators per year, with a special focus on aspiring elementary teachers, elementary teachers seeking advanced training, and literacy educators. Program leadership includes inspiring a shared vision for, developing, sustaining, and coordinating UVEI’s new Literacy Educators Program.
Faculty commitments include direct responsibility for teaching, coaching, facilitating learning, and evaluating competency for candidates across programs. These are core commitments of the position and include fostering the growth of both UVEI licensure and degree seeking candidates. Faculty members act as a liaison between UVEI, school based mentors, key school site personnel, and developing teachers. All faculty collaborate on program development, curriculum development, program evaluation, and accreditation activities across UVEI’s programs.
- A record of accomplished teaching at the elementary level, particularly in the area of literacy instruction.
- Experience/training in instructional leadership (i.e. instructional coaching, mentoring, facilitating professional development) focused on building educators’ capacity for teaching literacy.
- Experience fostering the growth of novice teachers.
- An advanced degree in education or education related field
- A valid Vermont or New Hampshire educator(s) license
- Terminal degree(s) in education or a related field
- National Board Certification
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate/graduate level
- Experience mentoring/coaching novice teachers through UVEI
- Credentials in multiple endorsement areas, experience teaching in multiple disciplines
Read more about job responsibilities, salary range, and benefits: Faculty & Literacy Programs Coordinator
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Attention: Andrea Feid
UVEI is a dynamic graduate school of education, a great place to work, and a continuously innovating organization. Faculty members and program directors are expected to have a high degree of ownership and investment in improving UVEI, fostering growth in colleagues, improving UVEI partner schools, and supporting the candidates we serve. Faculty members and program managers are part of the collaborative leadership team at UVEI and are directly responsible to the Executive Director.
UVEI is an equal opportunity employer and employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.