UVGSE continues to monitor the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, paying particularly close attention to the impacts on K-12 schools in the region where most of the learning through UVGSE takes place.
In order to minimize the chance of spreading COVID-19 unnecessarily, all UVGSE in-person meetings and seminars involving candidates, participants, applicants, prospective candidates, employees and/or the public scheduled to take place in our building will be held virtually until further notice. Candidates and participants may continue to participate in their placement sites through teaching and leading remote learning, consistent with the rules and guidelines of the site. Faculty will continue to provide field support virtually consistent with program requirements.
A key is to know the symptoms and to follow these steps (from the NH Department of Health and Human Services):
- Practice social distancing, including staying at least 6 feet from others
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces regularly
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well
We will continue to monitor information on the COVID-19 carefully. Here is the most recent information from the NH Department of Health and Human Services, the VT Department of Health websites, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),and The US Department of Education’s COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel, which provides information for higher education students and borrowers. Please contact me if you have questions or concerns!